Beulah's History
Early 1890's: Prayer and preaching services were held on Saturday nights in local homes in the community. A vacant house became a fixed site for Sunday School for many years.
1894-95: A series of revivals were held under a brush arbor attached to the house.
December 27, 1895: One acre of land deeded for a permanent building.
August 1897: Building began; completed in the fall.
First ordained minister sent by the South Carolina Methodist Conference to preach monthly.
1897-1906: Beulah was on the Leesville Circuit with Rehoboth, Leesville, Nazareth, Clyde's Chapel, and Concord churches.
1906: Beulah was assigned to the Gilbert circuit
1931-1932: Sanctuary was enlarged and four Sunday School rooms added.
1953: Sanctuary remodeled to include additional Sunday School rooms, a kitchen, and social hall.
1964: A third remodeling added a nursery and two classrooms upstairs.
1966-1972: A tract of 2.7 acres purchased across the road from the original building for a new sanctuary and educational building. Ground broken in March 1971 and construction begun.
August 27, 1972: First service held in present sanctuary.
1973: Beulah became a "station" church with a full time pastor.
June 1974: Parsonage completed
September 19, 1999: Groundbreaking for new Family Life Center.
July 23, 2000: Family Life Center dedicated.
September 28, 2008: First contemporary Worship Service held in Family Life Center.
September 20, 2009: Homecoming - Family Life Center loan paid in full; mortgage burned at Worship Service.
December 2010: Stained glass window from Original Sanctuary placed over entrance doors of present building.
June 2012: Purchased 13.57 acres of land with frontage on Highway 378 for future expansion of Beulah UMC.
September 2012: Pre-School opened for 2012-13 year.
July 1, 2024: Beulah disaffiliated from the United Methodist Church and joined the Global Methodist Church.
This history reflects data from church records and memories of members and citizens of the community. It is not intended to be a complete history and any errors are unintentional.
1894-95: A series of revivals were held under a brush arbor attached to the house.
December 27, 1895: One acre of land deeded for a permanent building.
August 1897: Building began; completed in the fall.
First ordained minister sent by the South Carolina Methodist Conference to preach monthly.
1897-1906: Beulah was on the Leesville Circuit with Rehoboth, Leesville, Nazareth, Clyde's Chapel, and Concord churches.
1906: Beulah was assigned to the Gilbert circuit
1931-1932: Sanctuary was enlarged and four Sunday School rooms added.
1953: Sanctuary remodeled to include additional Sunday School rooms, a kitchen, and social hall.
1964: A third remodeling added a nursery and two classrooms upstairs.
1966-1972: A tract of 2.7 acres purchased across the road from the original building for a new sanctuary and educational building. Ground broken in March 1971 and construction begun.
August 27, 1972: First service held in present sanctuary.
1973: Beulah became a "station" church with a full time pastor.
June 1974: Parsonage completed
September 19, 1999: Groundbreaking for new Family Life Center.
July 23, 2000: Family Life Center dedicated.
September 28, 2008: First contemporary Worship Service held in Family Life Center.
September 20, 2009: Homecoming - Family Life Center loan paid in full; mortgage burned at Worship Service.
December 2010: Stained glass window from Original Sanctuary placed over entrance doors of present building.
June 2012: Purchased 13.57 acres of land with frontage on Highway 378 for future expansion of Beulah UMC.
September 2012: Pre-School opened for 2012-13 year.
July 1, 2024: Beulah disaffiliated from the United Methodist Church and joined the Global Methodist Church.
This history reflects data from church records and memories of members and citizens of the community. It is not intended to be a complete history and any errors are unintentional.